Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ok, so maybe it's molars?

So, Monica may be right...

We went to our doctor's appointment. No fever (we knew that), and it looks like his ears are completely clear. His throat and breathing are fine too. While we were there, Christian started smacking his head...and the doc thinks it probably is teething. His bottom molars are just under the skin, like two little bumps. I guess I just need to continue to coke my kid up on Tylenol and Motrin, and hope for the best. I am relieved that we don't have to deal with an ear infection...that's the last thing we need!

5 comments:

Mom to Toes said...

Oh, good! That is much better news than an ear infection!

MB said...

We've been at least 3 times for the same problem and it never turns out to be an ear infection. I almost wish it was so I could do something about it!

I had just been giving her Tylenol for the teething and then our dentist suggested Motrin instead since it's an anti-inflammatory and lasts a lot longer. But I like your cocktail idea of both!!!

MB said...

Random comment - I noticed you used Kaileen for the birth announcement. Isn't she great? She did our prego pics! She lives about 2 miles from us. Love her!

leah said...

Ugh- teething! One year old molars and the eye teeth are the worst. My 2 year old is getting his last teeth and I swear I'm going to hold a party to celebrate the end of teething! Of course, by the time his last tooth comes in, Nolan should start on his first. Sigh...

Tylenol does help- never tried Motrin (but I might with Nolan after reading Monica's comments)!

The Pink Totebag said...

Caroline stuck her fingers in her ears alot when the molars were coming in - like her ears were itchy or something. She also patted her cheeks alot and practically gnawed her hands off. Leave it to me to not figure out that it was the teeth - even though we've been through teething before and it was going on for, like, two weeks. I'm really observant, aren't I? BTW, I found that Motrin worked better for Caroline than the Tylenol (actually, this is true not just for teeth but for fevers and other aches, too...)- think back to when you were pregnant and all you could take was Tylenol. Wasn't it like taking a Skittles bc it did nothing? Good luck - hopefully those suckers will pop through soon (though not soon enough, I'm sure!)...