Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Week from Right Now...

One of my dearest, closest and BEST friends will be getting hitched a week from today. And, it just so happens that she's getting married to one of the dearest, sweetest, and COOLEST guys that I know. As I looked at the clock as I am taking down my Christmas tree, I got the chills. 11:02...a week from right now, we'll be at their reception. WAHOO!

I am thrilled to be a part of their wedding, as I FINALLY can truly do something for her. We've been so lucky to have such an amazing group of friends to guide us through this crazy rollercoaster called parenthood. Deafness aside, it's pretty wild. Everyone of my friends has brought so much joy to my journey into Motherhood. And this friend, in particular, has really amazed me this past year. She was ALWAYS there, despite her crazy schedule with school, life, family, and her wedding planning. She let me cry on her shoulder when I needed to, and told me to chill out and get a grip when I was being a bit too obsessive. She is my reality check (because how many times can one girl Google "Profound Hearing Loss" without losing it?).

I will never forget this summer, we were sitting on my front porch, and it was a couple of weeks before the 1st ABR Christian had. His hearing loss still wasn't defined, but I just knew something wasn't right (How many absent OAEs does it take???). My friend looked at me, put down her glass of wine and said "You know what? You'll be fine. He'll be fine. We'll all learn sign language. It will be ok. Because, no matter what...he's perfect".

And...she's right. We are fine. Things will be ok.

4 comments:

VBnBama said...

Your family is just precious!! I saw the video Jodi from Rally Caps posted!

Karen Putz said...

What a neat friend! Enjoy the wedding!

Mom to Toes said...

I love this post!

Your friend sounds incredible.

I wish her huge congratulations on her wedding. Based on how you have described her, I am confident she will have a happy and very successful marriage.

Multi-talented but unemployed, J.D. said...

And now I'm crying at work...

Your friendship is a blessing to me.