Thursday, May 29, 2008

Rockin' The Suburbs...

Chuck and I went out last night and celebrated Christian's activation week by going to see one of my favorite artists of all time, Ben Folds. It was nice to get out and have some "couple time". Our seats were fantastic, about 5 rows from the stage.

I've been to over a dozen Ben concerts since college, however I have to say this one was my favorite. The venue that we saw the show at always has ASL interpreters. I loved watching them sing the songs with their hands, and at several points when I couldn't understand the words in the middle of a jam when he was making up the lyrics, I just glanced at the interpreters and figured it out. Yay! Go Me!

Ben decided to have a little bit of fun with the "Signing Ladies" as he called them, and started singing a jam full of expletives and ridiculously long words--the interpreters were loving it, and they were laughing the whole time. As soon as I find a YouTube video of this, I'll post it.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Glad you had a nice night out! I love to watch music interpreted with sign language, too. It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Tina, you are a commercial for early intervention! From what I have seen on your websites, you should get prepared for your next career: spokesperson for D/HOH. With your background in event planning, this is a natural next chapter for you. Think about it. Talk to your husband about it. Learn to manage this new career or else it will manage you. I am so happy for the good outcome for your son. He is adorable and brilliant, just like his parents! My professional advice to you is this. Help him become bilingual. That is, help him learn oral speech and language and ASL as another second language. May you have many exciting adventures ahead!

Joyce Visnick, M.A., C.C.C.
Speech-Language Pathologist
Chesterbrook ES

Christian and Lily's Mommy said...

Thank you Joyce and Laurie!

Abbie said...

I am hooked on watching interpreted music, youtube has a great selection!

I'm glad you had a great time :)