Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Day Recap

My little boy isn't a baby anymore!

Today was our first day of school. Christian did fantastic, running right into his classroom for his Ling 6 sound check before the other kids. We stocked his cubby (SO CUTE). He didn't even look back at his Dad and I. I was already crying walking into the classroom, and my little guy was all smiles.

His teachers reported that used more language than his HEARING peers did, and followed simple instructions today. He also imitated a mouth puppet today (using AHHHH). I knew he would be amazing there! This place is MADE for my kid! I love our teachers, who have been in constant communication with us. They even sent us some pictures of him in the classroom.

Today we also were issued our first incident report. Evidently just before pick-up, Christian fell off of a little climber on the playground and bonked his head. A little ice, lollipop and a popsicle helped him get through it. I guess it's the first of many little bumps and bruises he'll get at school.

Once we got home, he completely passed out without eating lunch. The drive there went well. It's only 8 miles away, but takes us 45 minutes with traffic. And I need to work on my parallel parking skills, since I'm not that great at parking on city streets!

Check out our pictures from today! I'm so proud of our little boy!









9 comments:

NatCraft said...

So proud of the little man! And so proud of you guys for keeping it together dropping him off and with the incident report... I suspect the next time a drop off will be this big it will be a college one! And God help you if you get an incident report from there!

MB said...

What a cute 1st day of school outfit! Well done.

Unknown said...

YEAH, way to go Christian! Tina, the pictures of his first day are adorable. How exciting for you and Chuck. You should be proud of yourselves for doing such an amazing job raising the "big boy", now. :)

Sally

Unknown said...

YEAH, way to go Christian! Tina, the pictures of his first day are adorable. How exciting for you and Chuck. You should be proud of yourselves for doing such an amazing job raising the "big boy", now. :)

Sally

leah said...

I am SO jealous of your school options in Maryland! He is totally adorable and looks great. I can't believe how grown up he looks!

misskri said...

YEAH Christian...Yeah Mommy and Daddy, too! For keeping it together so well!!!
Christian is such a cutie pie!!! Way to go for a great first day of school!!!

The Pink Totebag said...

OMG! I am so glad the first day went well! That's so encouraging that he was speaking and responding so well - just what you guys were hoping and praying for. Caroline was the same way at drop-off, btw - like, "Buh-bye," when we dropped her off. I was a little slighted - we have spent the past 2 years together! But she's ready and that makes me happy. Saw you called this afternoon - I promise to call you back tomorrow! Congrats on the first day of school. :)

tammy said...

He is just too adorable! Sounds like he had a great first day! Way to go Christian and mom & dad!

Mom to Toes said...

Way to go Christian!!!

Add me to the list of "wish we had something like this" parents.

He is going to thrive there.