Thursday, January 22, 2009

Last Minute Preparations

In just 6 days, we're going to welcome our daughter into our family. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. I have hardly had time to breathe, let alone enjoy this one! It is so funny how the first time around you are completely immersed in every detail, and the second time around you sometimes have to be reminded that you are pregnant. It's starting to feel more and more real, especially since her nursery is almost finished and I've started washing pink sleepers in anticipation of her arrival.

In all seriousness, I have been paying extra careful attention to the fact these are the last days of us as a family of 3, and for Christian to be an only child. I've really been working hard to embrace the "joys" of toddlerhood (phones, remotes and other objects floating in toilets, temper tantrums, and of course, the lovely word, NO), and to let every moment with Christian and I be cherished. I'm done worrying about how I am going to devote time to his therapy with another child in the home. I just know it will work, and I will make it work. The logistical challenges like pick-up and drop off at school are a bit more at the forefront now.

We have had some fun days over the past month or so, going on Christian and Mommy dates for lunch, having lots of playdates, and cuddling after naps. It's been nice, and I am so excited for him to meet his baby sister.

3 comments:

tejl said...

Good luck with your delivery, Tina! And I know you will make it work when your daughter joins your family next week :) :) :)

leah said...

Enjoy this final week as a family of three. And don't worry about working therapy in with another little one in the house- it actually works out quite well! We have two in therapy and it goes very well (most of the time). You might see an uptick in the use of the word "mine!" ROFL.

leah said...

Tina, just wishing your baby a happy birthday tomorrow and here's to a smooth delivery! I can't wait to hear what her name is.