Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Anything and Everything You'd Ever Need....at Target

Like most families, we have at least two trips a week to our local Target. From diapers, to trash bags, to hangers, we always could find everything we needed there.

Yesterday, we made our second trip of the week. While browsing supplies in the baby section, I just happened to run into a Deaf family. The parents were deaf, and had 3 children, all under 5, all with Cochlear Implants. I learned they lived very close to us, and we had a great conversation between pacifiers and diapers. I just love living in an area where we do have the luxury of connecting with other families like us!

3 comments:

MB said...

I think it's so funny that we know the same family!

I have never had any Target encounters but I have at Costco! (And the Botanical Gardens, and the metro...) I love living in DC with the large deaf population.

Anonymous said...

I think I know who you are talking about... Are you referring to the Scher family!? They are a phenomenal family!

leah said...

I wish we had that kind of community! We're down to just three kiddos in our Jr. Deaf club (an 11 year old, an 8 year old, and Nolan).