Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's Official

Kerplunk.

Do you hear that? Yes, that is the sound of my stomach dropping as I dropped off the re-enrollment contract for Christian's school next year. He'll be going 5 DAYS A WEEK.

We know he's going to succeed. And we know he will thrive. It's like having 20 hours a week of speech therapy by the best SLPs in the area. I know I've written before about how important it is to educate him integrated with his hearing peers. We don't know the class breakdown yet, but the class will probably have about 7 or 8 hearing children, and maybe one more Cochlear Implant kid. Christian is going LOVE being there everyday, and despite the drive (it's only 8 miles away, but with traffic often takes close to 45 minutes in the morning) and the financial sacrifice (let's just say tuition costs more than what one year of college cost me), we are confident that we made the right choice for him.

No comments: