Tuesday, May 19, 2009

HLAA Hear I Come!

I was so excited to learn last week that I was awarded a scholarship to attend the upcoming HLAA convention in Nashville this June. What a great opportunity to not only attend some really cool workshops and symposiums (the symposium on Hair Cell Regeneration looks fascinating!), but to also FINALLY meet many of the folks in the D/HOH community that I've connected with online over the past 2 years. I'm also really looking forward to actually attending a convention in lieu of planning one. Before becoming the C.O.O. and lead SLP in my family, I worked full time as a meeting planner, organizing large conventions like this one. I'm sure I'll have the urge to do room checks and plot signage while onsite. Once a Meeting Planner, always a meeting planner :)

I hope to connect with other parents of CI kiddos--please let me know if you'll be there!

No comments: