Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Over the past 2 weeks, I figured out I made 48 cupcakes, 2 cakes from scratch, 1 from a mix, and used approximately 6 lbs. of confectioners sugar. Birthday mania is over.

2. We hosted a raucous joint birthday party for the kids with our family and neighborhood friends. It was one of those days where despite the complete anarchy that occurred in the playroom with 8 million children ranging from 18 months to 11 years year, I couldn't help but feel so completely blessed. Both sets of grandparents were here and our home was filled to the brim with the people we love. Our family has some amazing friends who we are proud to call our extended family!

3. I scheduled the kids well visits for the same time. Let's just say after 4 shots and a nebulizer treatment I learned my lesson. NEVER AGAIN.

4. I'm a bit worried about my little Lily. That nebulizer treatment was for her and now they're thinking that she may have a touch of asthma. My poor sweet girl.

5. I can't stop watching the Chrysler SuperBowl commercial. I'm so proud to call Detroit my hometown.

6. Valentine's Day is on my brain. I'm heading to one of my favorite blogs to gain some inspiration!

7. How cute are these leggings for little girls!? Especially for Valentine's activities and parties!

8. Chuck and some of the guys from the neighborhood are having their inaugural  poker game this evening. I wonder if it's going to be like my "book club", where we drink more wine than actually read.

9. I know this sounds lame, but I am SO looking forward to taking a nice long bath, opening up my new copy of InStyle and watching some TV. After these past 2 weeks I am SPENT.

10. I hear banging upstairs. Gone are the days of Lily and her independent play. I'm quite certain she just  climbed on top of the dining room table. Again. Awesome.

No comments: