Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Just call me SuperCatholic these days. I spent my weekend at Church, attending confirmation rehearsal, actually attending and sponsoring a candidate at Confirmation, and on Mother's Day celebrating 1st Communion of two very special little ones.

2. You can actually call me SlackerCatholic too. By Sunday morning, I was exhausted and a bit selfish. The kids were pooped from all the action, so we decided to NOT actually attend 1st Communion Mass. The Confirmation Mass counted for me for my Sunday obligation. But we did go to the parties. Typical Catholic.

3. Mother's Day was adorable. I will post fun pictures from all the activities leading up to the day, but the children spoiled me. I got the best cards EVER from them, a special breakfast, and a beautiful charm for my bracelet that they started me 4 years ago. This year, they chose a cupcake. So very appropriate for this past year of hanging out with my beautiful babies enjoying sweet treats and cupcakes after school.

4. Christian's CI processor was giving us trouble last week. The power switch on his Nucleus 5 was being a bit tricky, however it was still working. I called Cochlear on Thursday late afternoon. By THIS Monday afternoon, he came home with a replacement already mapped by his school audiologist. How awesome is Cochlear? And how awesome is our school audiologist?

5. This week totally snuck up on me. I'm writing this on Monday night with NO food in my house, and I still can't figure out when I am actually going to go grocery shopping. I hope the kids don't mind another night of a random pasta creation. Tonight I made Bow-Ties with Butternut Squash and Parmesan. It did not go over well.

6. Christian (and ALL of his friends) is now totally in to Bakugan. His Aunt Alison gave him 2 this past week as a little "Thank you" gift for letting her come to Grandparent's and Special Friends Day and you would think they were gold.

7. I've hit that point in the school year where I am just completely over the drive and the commute. Christian goes to school until July 1st and we have one week off at the end of this month. I am really looking forward to some lazy summer days.

8. I just realized I wore Lilly Pulitzer for 4 days in a row. I love the Spring!

9. With lazy summer days come bored kids on summer vacation. Start praying for me now so I don't lose my sanity.

10. Lily's new favorite word this week is "Actually". She is ACTUALLY using it correctly too. My favorite from today was "Act-chully MumMum, I go to park wif Tara, ok MumMum? Love this girl!

No comments: