Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Christian was on break last week and we had a little taste of the summer to come. No driving back and forth into the city 2x a day. No racing to one after school activity to the next. No packing lunches in the morning. Today was his first day back, and I haven't found my groove just quite yet.

2. We spent a couple of days at the beach and it was a much needed break. It's been a while since we had uninterupted family time. We had ice cream, italian ice, played on the beach, visited old beach bars of our days gone by (for lunch of course), and just enjoyed eachother. It was pure bliss.

3. I'm loving the beach even more and more these days now that we've eased up a bit with Christian's CI. He wore his Nucleus 5 most of the weekend, but we also traveled with his back-up Freedom processors.

4. Lily Grace took almost an entire day to warm up to the idea of the beach. Once again, she did not like her toes getting sandy, and once again, she preferred to sit on a beach chair and observe her brother making sand castles. Such the drama queen.

5. And now we are back to the never ending grind. We went to dinner with some other couples this past Saturday and we pretty much decided we wanted to live on a commune. We all agreed that we were done with the fast paced DC life. Wouldn't life be simpler if we were somewhere other than the epicenter of the free world?

6. I'm trying to make life calmer. I'm trying to breathe. We had a Friday night dance party with our best friends and all of our kids. Mass quantities of drinks were involved, and the kids who are all being raised like cousins had a blast. Life is simpler when it's spent with friends who just get you. I'm thankful that I have those folks in my life.

7. Today was Christian's last soccer practice of the year. I'm so proud of him and all that he has accomplished. He got a SNAZZY trophy today that he is super excited about.

8. Have you been following the buzz about the new series Switched at Birth? It's on my DVR schedule and I'm looking forward to seeing how the characters with hearing loss are portrayed!

9. Father's Day is just around the corner and I need to scheme and plot something fun and DIFFERENT for Chuck. He is a super-dad who deserves everything. Any ideas?

10. If you're planning on coming to HLAA's convention, visit me at the Cochlear booth on Saturday afternoon!

No comments: