1. After the long weekend, I'm still a day behind and thought pretty much all day that today was Monday. That's what happens when you spend a weekend with your dearest friends on The Chesapeake Bay drinking mojitos, floating in salt water pools, chasing kids, and picking crabs all weekend long. Yes, we had an AWESOME but tiring weekend.
2. Saturday night while the guys stayed up way too late playing Corn Hole and drinking beer, Christian, Lily, and myself bunked up with Aunt Alison and Justin. We were tired after playing in The Bay and pool all day. Christian had one of "those nights" screaming out, waking up all the girls as we're such light sleepers. I swear I was up every 20 minutes comforting him.
3. Sunday was spent at another dear friend's Bay House picking crabs and playing in the pool, where we learned Lily has no fear. She's going to be the one I'm going to need to worry about.
4. Despite the swim lessons, Christian is still a bit fearful in the water. I know it's going to take time. I just wish I could help him not be so scared.
5. Christian started camp today at one of our local nature centers. He spent the morning with some buddies from the neighborhood walking streams, finding bugs, and playing tag. I am SO happy that we are out of our routine of school and finding some peace this summer.
6. I went to the gym for the first time in 1.5 weeks today and I am feeling it. Do you ever feel that your body is just changing and you're getting old? I'm feeling it today.
7. The gym is paying off...I wore a bikini this weekend, and while I can never fix what 2 C-Sections did to my mid-section, my legs are showing my hours and hours of Step Aerobics, Yoga, and Pilates. Yay!
8. Christian has started a new "thing" lately. He's sticking his fingers in his mouth. It's weird. He's never been a finger or thumb sucker. What's this all about at 4.5 years old?
9. Lily's new thing is yelling at me when I ask her to not do something. It usually comes out as "No, bad Mommy". Just pour me another cocktail.
10. I'm looking for some beach reads as we get ready for our 1st beach vacation for the season. Send me your recommendations!