Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Thanksgiving is just around the corner. I've made my shopping list. And this Ten on Tuesday is devoted to what I am most thankful for (in no particular order of course!)

1. I live a beautiful life. I have a beautiful home. Beautiful children. Beautiful friends. Beautiful things. Beautiful clothes. I have a beautiful husband. I also have a beautiful faith. I've been participating as a small group leader...yes, you read right....in a bible study in my parish. I've reconnected with my Catholic roots and complete rekindled my love for my faith. I am thankful for the gift of Christianity.

2. I married the strong but silent type. Not a day goes by where I don't thank my lucky stars that Chuck CHOSE ME. I'm pretty lucky.

3. I'm thankful for technology. Of course, my iPad, iPhone, Keurig and Nikon D5000 all make my life "easier". But Christian's Cochlear Implant makes our life POSSIBLE. 

4. I have great kids. Not to toot my own horn or totally brag about them (but then again, what is this blog about anyway), but my kids are amazing. I love watching them grow together. I am thankful for how close in age they are. They are truly best friends. It is such a blessing to be their Mom.

5. Time is precious, yet I somehow still can find it to be my own person. Yoga is important to me. Working out is important to me. Dinners with friends are important to me. Bible study is important to me. Highlights,pedicures and facials are REALLY important to me. Finding time for these things while sometimes is tricky, it's never a rarity. I am thankful for the time that my family GIVES to me so I can be ME. 

6. I have great friends. No really. I have REALLY great friends. I have the type of friends who will stop everything they are doing to help me. They'll also stop everything their doing to tell me to STOP doing what I'm doing. They call me out. They help me raise my kids. They make me laugh. They make my life so full of love and energy. I am grateful to be blessed with such fabulous people to spend my days with.

7. I am thankful for my country. I am proud to live in the land of the free BECAUSE of the brave. In these days of uncertainty, my country and my faith are my constant. 

8. I'm 30something and now more than ever am I thankful for my parents. If there was ever a time in my life that I needed a Mom it was right now when I'm in the thick of motherhood myself. My father is still my hero and my truest friend. I am grateful for their health, and while I despise the distance between us, I feel blessed that we see each other as much as we can.

9. I drank the Kool-Aid and it goes without saying that Christian's school is one of our most precious blessings in our family. I can't imagine going through our Cochlear Implant journey with the team and resources there. The school community supports and rallies around each other and we all cheer each other's kids on. I am so thankful that we have the means to send Christian there. I am thankful that the country's BEST program for Cochlear Implant kids (and in my opinion typically hearing kids too) is just 8 miles away. 

10. Not a day goes by when I don't remind the kids to love one another like crazy and to be eachother's best friend. I remind them that "Hey, you are brother and sister. YOU ARE ALL YOU'VE GOT!". I am thankful for my brother. It was just the two of us in our little in numbers but large in love family. We had our moments, like the time he booby-trapped me into my room or the time I forced him under a bed and jumped on it with the promise of Halloween candy (it was June). I don't remember my life without my little brother. I hope Lily and Christian have what my brother and I had as little ones and I pray that they grow up and love each other just as much as their uncle and I do. I am thankful for my baby brother who will always be a 9 year old little boy with grass stains on his Jordache Jeans and a He-Man t-shirt.

No comments: