Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Smitten with the Mitten

We spent a week in Northern Michigan with my family and it was THE PERFECT stress-relief. It's quiet. It's quaint. It's easy for the kids. And it was FAMILY. Seeing the kids experience the joy and wonder up there that I grew-up with was amazing. I wish we could've spent the entire summer there.




This is what I call an Up North Sky.

Cherry Festival kids!

You should've seen her waiving the American Flag....just a little piece of American Pie! 



Fishtown. So excited to share it with my 

Love Leland and Love sharing it with Chuck and the kids.
Uncle Nick and Aunt Sarah camped overnight on an island in the middle of Lake Michigan!  We met them on the docs after their ferry ride home!

Bustling BelleAire.
Must-Stop for our overnight in town. Love their beer!


This is our vacation look.
So much fun at Short's!


This is what a full day at the lake does to you!




Mom and Dad at Towne Club. Something tells me when they move-up to Elk full-time they will be visiting  alot!


Beautiful Elk Lake at Sunset.


A full day in the water with Uncle Nick! So much fun!

My lazy little beanie.

We're a Spartan family. SPARTY ON PEOPLE!
A six-pack of Short's and sunset on a log. Doesn't get any better than this!

Found on the first night!
Just stunning.


My Lake Babies!

Last year at this time this sandbar was COMPLETELY covered with water and about 2 feet deep. The kids called it the baby-pool. Now it's their cool "fort".

Out to lunch!

Lake Girl

Regulars.
More Short's....

Floating down the river

A whole lot of lazy!


I have a thing for smoked fish. The best.

Lego Carnival in TC!

Cherry Festival Parade! Nick Lidstrom was the Grand Marshall! Go Wings!

Miss Elk Rapids! 

Christian loved the MONSTER TRUCK!

Visiting with Papa Jim!

My Nana is so chic! Look at her!

Coney's with Uncle Nick. 

The girls.

One last good night story with Papa.

No comments: