Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I missed my wingman...



We headed on up to Dewey Beach, DE this past weekend to celebrate with Claire and Marcellus. They got married April 7th in Maui and held a fabulous reception at Magnolia's in Bethany. Claire looked absolutely stunning! We had a blast with all of our friends. After the reception, we all headed down to The Starboard. Alot has changed in a year! I think Malibu put it best..."This place is so homogenized now!". He is right. It has lost a bit of it's character, but it's still THE STARBOARD.

I was fine pretty much until we got back into our hotel room around 2:30am. I thought about Christian the entire night, but not being able to kiss my sweet boy goodnight was very hard! Chuck and I have been out on many date nights since Christian was born, but we always came home and were able to give him a little smooch. It was the first time in almost a year that Christian wasn't with me at night. I knew that he was safe and sound with Gram back home, but I still missed him so much! He's become my best bud and my little wingman...and it felt very strange to be away from him. Luckily, the night went by fast (especially since we were awoken at 5am by a certain school teacher whose name I won't mention here but rhymes with Raren Kifino).

All in all it was a fabulous weekend. We got home in the early afternoon and spent the rest of the day with our little man...


















No comments: