Wednesday, December 5, 2007

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...

Today, the DC Metro area was blanketed in a beautiful white wash of snow. It actually is rare for DC to get a nice looking snow like this...it's usually more of a wet, sloppy, grey slush. Of course, being from Michigan, I am quite snobby regarding my snowfalls! I couldn't help but play my favorite Christmas songs while I was making dinner. I simply can't wait for Christmas this year!

My absolute FAVORITE Christmas song is Silent Night. Call me traditional, call me old school, but I get chills EVERY TIME I hear it. It brings back memories of Christmas Eve Vigil mass at my family's parish. I mean, of course I love Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You", but if there ever was a song that sums up this Holy and Special time of year, it's definitely Silent Night.

I actually went online to Deaf Resources and bought an DVD and handbook to Christmas songs. I can't wait to learn to sign caroles to Christian. If you haven't been to Deaf Resources yet, you should definitely check it out. I found some really cool ASL products, and even a nice Christmas ornament for Christian with Santa signing "I Love You".

We're FINALLY putting up our tree tonight...Chuck and I will be drinking wine and hoping that all of our lights work this year!

1 comment:

leah said...

Living near Buffalo- I could send you some nice, fluffy snow! We're certainly getting enough, lol.