Thursday, December 6, 2007

Melting my heart...REPETITIVE CONSONANTS!

Christian has ALWAYS been very verbal (surprisingly enough), even before he received his aids. Due to his loss, he obviously hasn't been hitting ANY of his language milestones (which even though I know he's deaf, it still bums me out).

It just so happens that after his aids were readjusted with a 4db gain (he's hearing in the 60-65 db range with his aids now) that we now have the MA MA MA MA MA MA sound. It's loud. It's clear. Is it him experimenting with his mouth? Is it a fluke? Is he really babbling? Whatever the reason, I'll take it. I started crying today I was so happy and emailed our EI teacher immediately. I think he is LEARNING TO LISTEN!

2 comments:

MB said...

I'm so jealous. We still don't have a mamamamama. :(

Drew's Mom said...

AWESOME!