Thursday, January 24, 2008

The WAZZZZZZZUP Guys have nothin on this...

Usually, the only reason I watch the Superbowl is to see the halftime show and the commercials. I am a Redskins fan, mostly due to my husband forcing me to watch games with him. Heck, I even have Santana Moss' jersey. The Skins blew their shot with a loss in their first playoff game. This year, being that I have a special little, how should I describe it..."thing" for Tom Brady, I planned on paying closer attention.

This commercial, by Pepsi, which is done completely in ASL, was just forwarded to our Listen-Up listserv and I HAD TO SHARE IT.It's slated to run during the Pre-Game show. Here's a sneak peak....and, don't adjust your speakers. It IS silent.

Click here for Pepsi's press release on the commercial.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

I saw this earlier today and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this. I was already a Pepsi fan, but even more so now :-)

Divided said...

Yes, saw it earlier and loved it...totally cool and about time!! Let's all send an email to Pepsico and let them know how much we enjoyed it and look forward to MORE ads that are related to deaf!! Here is the email address: michelle.naughton@pepsi.com

leah said...

I love that commercial! I've watched it about 5 times now- I also watch the Superbowl for the commercials more than anything else, and this year the commercials are extra-good!

Abbie said...

I think this is going to be a huge hit! I just happen to come across another article that the Associate Press put out saying that the "hear-abled" won't get this commercial. I think it is ridiculous because I showed this to several hearing people and they got it instantly..

The Pink Totebag said...

I agree. It's hilarious - and I CAN hear. :) I think the AP has it wrong - you have to be a MORON not to get it. Cheers to Pepsi for giving a shout-out in a funny way to differently-abled people.

NatCraft said...

I love this! I saw a spot on the news about how all the actors in the ad are actual Pepsi employees!

Here's an article about it:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/columnists/chi-deafbowl_30jan30,0,4336089.story