Wednesday, March 19, 2008

St. Patrick's Day Recap...


I'm not Irish, but I did go to The Catholic University of America, where 99% of the student population had a list name that started with a Mc or O'. I traded in my Big Fat Greek heritage to become O'Scarmeas for a day, and partied with my classmates. Post-college, we would mark St. Patrick's Day by celebrating Opening Weekend at The Starboard in Dewey Beach, DE. On the days St. Patty's would fall on work day, we all leave work just a bit early to meet up at The 4 P's in the old neighborhood.

Now that I have my own little leprechaun(who actually IS Irish), I knew that St. Patrick's Day would be a bit more subdued. That is, until by some miracle, I was able to find a sitter and have Chuck take Christian to an appointment at Hopkins so I could attend KEGS AND EGGS. Nothing like getting up at 5:30am to go drinking with some of my friends and see some good bands. It was a much needed break, and MAD PROPS go to my husband for taking one for the team. Check out a recap and some pics here

No comments: