Sunday, May 4, 2008

Another obsession...

Most everyone knows that I have a slight obsession with all things paper-crafting and scrapbooking. I have my good friend Janine to thank for that!

In my constant search for more things to obsess about during these few weeks of downtime, Mom to Toes sent me this amazing link all about creating an Experience Book for Christian. We already have made a little picture book for him with the faces of all of his friends, family, and teachers. An Experience Book takes this concept a bit further, and we would use it to to talk about past and future events. You can put things in there for a "Touch and Feel" component (think feathers for the zoo, or gluing ribbons and the page from birthdays).

I am SO excited to start this for Christian. I think this is a great tool for all parents, regardless if your kid has a hearing loss or not. What a great way to facilitate language and communication.

1 comment:

MB said...

OMG, I love these! Our TOD introduced us and now I swear I take Mari places just so I can do another experience book. They litter our house. But she really does love them so much more than just regular books.