Monday, September 22, 2008

Moms Don't Get Sick...Yeah, Right.

So, here I am. 21 weeks pregnant. And I've had a fever for almost 48 hours that has ranged from 103.2 to 100.7. I've seen my primary doctor and my OB. I'm on a Z-Pack. I've had blood drawn, I've shivered non-stop, and I am SO OVER BEING SICK.

This is honestly the first time since I've had Christian that I've been down for the count. This time, I literally am. My OB has instructed me to pretty much stay in bed until the fever skips town. So, I'm on this constant cycle of getting a fever, taking Tylenol, having the fever break, sweat through my tank top, take a cold shower, take more tylenol, and wait for it all to happen again.

Oh, and did I mention that I have a TODDLER RUNNING AROUND TOO?

Thank God Chuck has played Mr. Mom since Saturday night. He has taken care of both Christian and I, and has been absolutely wonderful. He took off work, and was just a champ today.

The good news is that the baby is looking fine, and nothing should really hurt her as long as I rest and chill. I'm just hoping that I'm almost through with this nonsense.

4 comments:

MB said...

Sorry to hear that! Do you want me to take Christian off your hands? I have to work Tuesday but could take him Wednesday if Chuck needs to go back to work.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're sick. I hope you get well soon.

Just enjoy the little bit of time off. lol.

leah said...

Oh, there is nothing worse than being really sick with a toddler getting into everything! I hope whatever virus/bug you have disappears SOON!

I'm also sending good napping vibes, so Christian will take extra long naps (if only that would work)!

tammy said...

UGH! Being sick, especially with fever, when you're pregnant is not fun! Sleep all you can! Hope you're back to normal real soon!