Monday, October 27, 2008

Take a Look at Our Numbers...

Today is our 5 month anniversary since Christian's CI activation. It's hard to believe that it has only been 5 months since my little guy had his ears turned on and his world changed forever. So much has happened, and words can't even describe how incredibly blessed that Chuck and I feel to witness the miracle of the Cochlear Implant everyday. His vocabulary is ever-expanding, and he picks up new words EVERYDAY. I try to keep up with his consistent vocab usage list, but it's getting challenging since he has SO MANY WORDS.

I get the chills (and I still well up with tears) when I think back to that day in October of 2007 when our audiologist told me that Christian was deaf. I had a million thoughts and images flash through my head, and they all were silent. I never thought in a million years that my deaf son would wake up in the morning and say "Hi Mommy", or say "Thank You" after getting juice from his Daddy, or even protest and say "No!", when I ask him to stop climbing on our furniture. I never thought I would hear his sweet little voice. I never thought I would see him dance.

Yet, here we are. My deaf son is one of the most chatty little ones in the neighborhood. He loves to listen to music. He loves to dance. HE LOVES TO TALK. He's thriving in school. WE ARE SO BLESSED!

Today is also the day that we enter in the double digits of our countdown to meeting our Baby Girl. According to the ticker on the right side of the page, we have 99 more days to go until her due date. Which really means, that I have about 88-92 more days to go since I will be scheduling another C-Section. It's hard to believe that in just under 100 days, another life will join our family. We'll have another little laugh, another little cry, and another little blessing.

Today, on this cold and rainy day, I'm thanking God for the miracles that have been bestowed upon us.

1 comment:

leah said...

Christian's doing so well! Enjoy these last few months as a mother-of-one- I can't believe how soon your little girl is due! Time flies for those of us who are NOT pregnant, lol!