Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just when we got the hang of it...

First of all, I am proud (ok ELATED) to report that Christian has been CONSISTENTLY responding and producing all 6 Ling Sounds for the past week. WAHOO!

We went up to the mall yesterday to fill some time before dinner, and I was shocked to see that Santa was already holding post with his elves. Wasn't Halloween just 2.5 weeks ago? Didn't we JUST carve pumpkins. And most importantly, haven't we finally JUST mastered the fall vocabulary that we've been working on? I was so not ready to replace our little conversations about turkeys, mashed potatoes, football, and pilgrims with Santa, Snowmen, Baby Jesus, and Elves.

I don't think I have to worry about Christian getting the vocab for this season. When we walked by Santa and I asked him to wave to him, he promptly said "Hiiii Danta". He told me all about the "NO-Man" and the "No-Dars" (he thinks snowflakes are snow-stars). And when Santa's elves appeared, he laughed and said "Ed-Hat" (red hat).

So, I'll be working on Christmas vocab cards this week...and I guess I might as well start Christmas shopping too!

6 comments:

leah said...

Snow stars- I love it! It is amazing what these little guys think of. Santa's been at the mall in Erie for over a week now- it seems strange to have him there before Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

I love it. I've been keeping track just for the cuteness; however, this one struck home. Back story I have hearing loss (32yrsold 95% deaf) and so does my 10yr old and my 6 yrold. My 10 yr old when she was 2 called snowmen NO-Mans as well. It was adorable.

Unknown said...

Christina- Hi! Um, I have a question for ya, well kind of I already posted it, but I wanted to know if it would be okay if I post your letter to Christian in Italian. I started a blog in Italian called: From Parents to Parents Let's Approach Deafness Together...something like that. I posted your letter and the video of Christian when he hears thunder for the first time. You can see yourself in Italian and have a look to let me know whether it's okay or not: http://daigenitoriaigenitori.blogger.com
Hugs and rub your tummy for me,
Jodi

Iz and K. said...

Hi!! I just found your blog, and I'd love to add your blog link to my blog, is it ok?
My son is 2 and was implanted at 12months of age! Here is his blog
www.universecochlear.blogspot.com and our website is www.cochlear.webs.com you're welcome to add both links to your blog if you like!
Keep in touch!
Iz and K.

AJ's Mom said...

Christina,
Would you email me please? I'd like to ask you about your vocab cards. Make sure you make one for "snow-stars"!! Too cute...

AJ's Mom said...

Oops. I guess you need this:
HeidiRenee23@wi.rr.com