Thursday, November 5, 2009

Another Fantastic Resource

I contacted The Children's Legal Advocacy Program that AG Bell sponsors earlier this week with some questions and concerns regarding the level and type of service that Christian is receiving (and proposed to receive once he turns 3). Within 24 hours, I had an email back from an attorney that supports AG Bell. The next day, I spoke with an attorney who specializes in Special Education law, with a concentration in Oral-Deaf education. For over an hour, we discussed my family's concerns, and I left the phone call with some really useful tools and insight, as well as reassurance that our family would have the support and expertise of the attorney and the program. While I wish I didn't have to contact them in the first place, I am thankful for AG Bell sponsoring this program.

No comments: