Monday, April 19, 2010

thankful.

We're approaching Christian's 2nd Hearing Birthday, and not a day goes by where I am not in awe of the miracle of his Cochlear Implant. Listening to him laugh with his friends at playdates, singing with his sister, and hearing that "YEAH MOM?" as I call him from upstairs and he HEARS me from all the way down in the playroom.

He hears me.

HE HEARS ME.

I don't think this will EVER get old. I will always be thankful for my hardworking little boy. Everyday he WORKS to listen and to speak. Everyday there are CHALLENGES he faces, yet he laughs and sings and plays like any other 3 year old boy. Every he AMAZES me with all he knows. Today it was how I caught him correcting himself saying the /th/ sound in a new friend's name (Theo). Everyday he makes me BELIEVE in giving every child the opportunity to listen and speak.

I am thankful. Forever thankful.

No comments: