Friday, October 15, 2010

One Month In!

Christian's been in his 5-day full day program at his school for just over a month now, and he is doing absolutely phenomenal. Our ONLY concern that we have is that he isn't napping there. I mean, I don't think I would nap if I had such a fun and engaging classroom and teaching staff either! He's having fun playing and learning with his friends, especially in his specials classes like drama, science and music.

I had to take a step back this past week and just take it all in. All we've ever wanted is for Christian to be able to play and learn just like his peers, and he is doing just that and more. I wish that I had a crystal ball 3.5 years ago when I cried myself to sleep every night so I could see just how great things would be. Yes, we have challenges, but our challenges are those of TYPICAL 3.5 year old boys. I'm thankful, forever thankful, for early intervention and our team at his school.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Tina,

I love this! I remember when you contacted me when Christian was a baby and how concerned you were. So happy for you and your family! I knew Christian would do great! Hearing loss is not the end of the world.

Love ya!

Laurie