Monday, December 20, 2010

Best Time of the Year

A bit of the craziness of this time of year had set in, but not to the point where I'm totally freaking out...yet. I really made it a point at the start of Advent to NOT let the nonsense of the holidays take over what it's really about. Christmas is magical here in our home. Christian gets the nativity story and why we celebrate Jesus' birthday. I don't want to build memories into my kids' minds of their Momma running around like a lunatic in preparation for Christmas. I just decided to NOT run around like a lunatic. It actually feels amazing to just relax and soak in the season.

Some cookies aren't being made this year---in fact, I'll be lucky if I only get 3 or 4 different kinds made.  Only one kid made it to Santa's lap (I bet you can guess which one decided to take a lollipop from him and run). We haven't done many light trips, since the evenings are tiring and the kids just want to read The Grinch or The Polar Express. I should be freaking out. But, I'm not yet. Instead, I'm still getting the chills everytime Christian sings Jingle Bells. I mean, will it EVER get old to hear his sweet voice? Lily is telling us all about her "Snoman" and "Gingerbread House" and helps us find our Elf on the Shelf every morning. More importantly (and most cutely), she wakes up and says "Happy Birday Cheeses". Priceless.
Sibling Love--Lily crashing Christian's school party and sharing a treat.


Silly man. I love being his Room Mom...I get to crash the parties too!

1 comment:

leah said...

I'm taking your advice and next year, we are taking things more slowly! We definitely overdid it this year (though the extra surgery/appointments didn't help any). Three preschools (and assorted parties and programs), a five-year-old-birthday, and medical stuff have made our December insanely crazy!

Merry Christmas to all of you!!