Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Twitches, Ticks and Tired Beyond Belief

I love this picture of my sweet girl. She's always in motion. Always smiling. She's tiring, but is sure as hell the light of everyday for me!

I'm having one of those weeks that feel like it will never end. I'm coming off of a 4 month binge of volunteerism and events that have been fueled by Adrenalin and caffeine. Now my body is fighting me, with anxiety and exhaustion at the same time. How crazy is it that even though I honestly don't think I've been THIS tired that I have insomnia and can't sleep?

I've found myself getting a bit short with the kids and that disappoints me. I'm just in a foul mood. Maybe this is how all those celebrities feel when they check themselves into rehab for "exhaustion". I wish I could just take one day to clear my head and to sleep. No children waking up in the middle of the night, no snoring from my husband, no thoughts stirring me from rest. Just peace. And quiet. This is when I wish we lived close to my parents. I know that my Mom and Dad would just take the kids for the weekend, no questions asked while I rested my body and my mind. I bet they would even take Chuck too :)

1 comment:

leah said...

I had to smile reading this one. I was just "burned out" tonight - not having family close by is tough.

Here's to some down time and some QUIET so you can recoup some energy!