Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. My suspicions about something going on with Christian and his listening were right. Ends up his Maps somehow became switched on his Nucleus 5. We finally got to the bottom of it, but he was on his Noise Program for 2 weeks and we thought he was on Everyday.

2. I'm now obsessing over checking his remote for the processor. While I love the Nucleus 5, I do miss the display on our Freedom that would confirm what program he was on.

3. Lily had her last day of her first year of preschool last Thursday. My sweet girl loved her teacher, her friends, and learned so much. I am so happy that we placed her in a caring and nurturing program where she could learn and play.

4. I'm co-hosting a little party for Lily's teacher tonight complete with my Margarita Cupcakes. I've made them twice in a week!

5. We are so excited to have a house full of guests this week! My cousins from Belgium are visiting Washington for the first time and we can't wait until they arrive. We're also looking forward to seeing our favorite Wilmington, NC Sports Guy when he visits for the U.S. Open.

6. It just took me 1.5 hours to get home from picking Christian up. I AM OVER THE DRIVE. I just want to sit in my backyard with him while Lily naps and read stories. I am over driving back and forth into the city everyday.

7. However, I have no idea what I am going to do with all the time I'll be saving everyday---maybe, just maybe I could actually have more than 1 or 2 consecutive hours at home :)

8. We picked out Lily's first set of big girl undies (yes, I'm attempting to get her to go on the potty). She chose a Yo Gabba Gabba set and asked me "Mamma, where is DJ Lance on my undies?". For those of you who haven't seen the show, DJ Lance is this freaky looking DJ with horn-rimmed glasses that controls all the Yo Gabba Gabba creatures. It would've been sorta creepy to have THIS guy on my little girl's panties.

9. Our camp schedule is finalized for the summer---Christian is scheduled for several fun weeks, including a camp at our local parish, Vacation Bible School with his friends, and a cool outdoor nature camp.  Lily will be joining me at Camp Golds Gym.

10. I'll be at the Cochlear booth at the HLAA convention this Saturday. Please come say hello and humor me as I brag about how awesome my kids are.

No comments: