Monday, May 28, 2012

flip flops.

8am. Both of us still in PJs, one hand is holding my coffee and the other my sweet boy's hand. I slip on my Jack Rogers, Christian his shark flip-flops and we head outside.

"Ready sweetie? Flip your old ear off and let's try listening with our new one"

"Ready MOM!"

Our little street which usually is bursting with the sounds of kids laughing, Nerf Guns popping, and shouts from scoring on lacrosse goals is peacefully quiet. All I can hear are birds chirping. Can he?

We walk hand and hand and I'm chatting away about our time at the pool, the color of the American flags that are hung proudly on the homes around us, about Pokemon, Beyblade, baseball....can he hear me?

We're around the block, heading back towards our house. He's smiling. And then stops. And starts clicking his tounge and then stops. And starts smacking his lips.

"Dude, what are you doing? Come on honey, let's keep going"

He keeps clicking and smacking. He flips on his old CI, continues to walk, and smiles.

"Mom, I hear this sound (CLICK/SMACK/CLICK/SMACK). IT'S MY FLIP-FLOPS!






3 comments:

Melanie said...

Rockstar!

dlefler said...

I love this. Absolutely love it!!!

JMF said...

LOVE!!!