Friday, March 26, 2010

Sanity Break

Yesterday was all about being around the people who remind me who I am and what is TRULY important. 

After Christian got back from the circus with his Gram and Papa (which he said was "REALLY AWESOME"), we headed to a late afternoon playdate with my friend Michelle and her two boys. Michelle is an amazing woman, who just happens to have a little boy with a Cochlear Implant as well. It's nice to be able to sit and have a glass of Proseco while our boys play outside and be able to talk about everything. We both know where other is coming from. The coolest thing about my friendship with Michelle is that while she's my comrad in all things hearing loss, she also reminds me to focus on myself and our family as whole. She's a reality check. She cheers me on, but also reminds me to not lose who I am during the craziness and uncertainty of Christian's hearing loss and having a 14 month old running around.

Later that evening I went to dinner with my dear friends Todd and Joe. Todd and I met almost 15 years ago as Freshmen in college (wow, I'm starting to feel old). Todd is incredibly smart, funny, talented, and he also has a way to look at things from a completely different perspective. Joe is the perfect balance for him, and has a smile that lights up the room. I always laugh when I'm with the two of them. They keep me real. They remind me to be "Christina" not JUST "Christian and Lily's Mom", while also managing to care very deeply about my role as a Mother and Wife.

I needed yesterday as a sanity break, and am beyond thankful for my wonderful friends who support me, but also keep me REAL.

No comments: