Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. My cousins from Belgium visited last week through the weekend and it was such great medicine for my soul. My heart was so full of love having my family here with me, as was my stomach. We were WELL fed!

2. I worked the Cochlear Booth at the HLAA conference this past Saturday. It was so nice to reconnect with old friends and to share my passion for Christian's CI and our amazing company!

3. Christian has been in swim lessons this week. My fingers are crossed that he continues to get more comfortable in the water as the lessons go on. So far, he's frightful. Luckily, a friend of mine who has not only known Christian since he was 9 months old but ALSO happens to be an awesome swim coach is taking care of him.

4. Both kids were home last Thursday and Friday thanks to teacher conferences at Christian's school. We had lunch together. We ate gelato. We took a stroll through our little town, drank ice cold lemonade, and laughed. I love these days with my kids. It's rare when I have them both together.

5. I don't want to JINX anything, but Lily is POTTY TRAINED. Seriously. We have had one or two accidents, but for the past 5 days sweet girl is DRY! THANK GOD. I have been changing diapers for 4.5 years and I am over it.

6. I love summer in our neighborhood. Kids are running outside, our margarita machine is being put to good use, and playdates are always just a couple of houses down. We are so lucky to live in such a fun and loving community.

7. Christian had a FUN surprise this past weekend when his Daddy took him to see Cars 2 in 3D! They drove with Christian's Uncle Dave and his kids and had fruit punch, Twizzlers and Popcorn. He totally loved the movie, but I'm jealous. I want to see it too!

8. I don't know what I did to my neck, but it is all cramped up and I feel like I have pinched nerve. I've tried everything from muscle relaxers, yoga, heat, ice, mass quantities of margaritas....none of them seem to be doing the trick. I think it's time for me to go see a doctor.

9. Lily has what my Mom calls "Summer Knees". Sweet girl has bumped, bruised and scabby knees. In fact I think she has a scab on top of a scab. Gross. I guess it's good prep for her figure skating days.

10. A girlfriend of mine in the neighborhood just introduced me to this great jewelry line. I had an opportunity to attend one of of their showings and just love all of their pieces. They do custom work, and are really great gals. CHECK THEM OUT!

8.

No comments: