Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ten on Tuesday


Lily just being Lily. I love this girl.

1. Can I just brag for a quick minute about how adorable and sweet my daughter is? Seriously, she is such a JOY. I know I say how she is tricky and is a bit on the "difficult" side sometimes, but I don't think there is another little girl as cute as her. She is seriously my little love. When Chuck asked her what she did yesterday she responded "Oh, I just hung out with my Mommy". I love her. She is the best sidekick ever.

2. Lily and I have been doing a lot of hanging out lately. Yesterday she came with me to bible study (I'm a team leader this session....WHOA!) and she was beaming with a sweet smile and pointed up to the crucifix on our church and said "Look, Mommy Jesus is reaching out to give me a hug". She's melting my heart. 

3. Christian, who I am going to brag about for at least the rest of my life, has been especially silly and sweet these past few weeks. I love watching his personality just grow and flourish. At 4.5 years old, he has got quite the sense of humor. Most of it revolves around saying things like "Cat Poop" and "Tricked Ya!". Yes, he is ALL boy. I love every minute of him.

4. I was totally spoiled on my birthday. My favorite gift of all is an amazingly blinged-out watch that my sweet boy picked out at a discount store. I guess he told Chuck he wanted to get me a "Jewel" and looked for rings. For obvious reasons, this totally fancy watch struck HIS fancy and he had to get it for me. I love how he picked out the sparkly and shiny watch for me. I'm not a watch person. I never used to wear watches,  BUT NOW I DO. 

5. This weekend I was lucky enough to co-host a Sip and See for my girlfriend her second beautiful baby boy that she adopted. It was just another reminder of how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful and caring community full of amazing families. We had such a nice time visiting and welcoming her little man into our neighborhood.

6. I can't wait to start my fall decorating, but I haven't even put away my Lilly Pulitzer dresses and seashell centerpieces. The weather here has crept down to the 60s and the leaves are gently starting to change. Come on DC...get with the program. I should be wearing a nice chunky sweater, riding boots and drinking a Chai Latte by now. COME ON FALL!

Super Fancy. 
7. Chuck's birthday is this Saturday and the kids and I have some surprises planned for him. My sweet husband deserves so much on his special day. He works so hard and I hope that he likes what the 3 of us have up our sleeve!

8. I need new music. Please send me some recommendations. I listen to everything from Tori Amos to Trent Reznor.  My favorites are Jam Bands, Singer/Songwriter, but I dig Showtunes too. 

9. Is everyone else craving carmel apples right now? 

10. I went on a shoe bender at Bloomingdale's this past weekend and got THESE adorable boots. Don't you love them?! And I love how they were 50% off with my coupons! LOVE!


No comments: