Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ok, I need a glass of wine.

Christian's teacher stopped me during the chaos of pick-up today and briefly chatted to me about Listening Centers and headphones. They tried it out and for obvious reasons he had a bit of a hard time using the standard issue headphones.

She's saying all this to me in a complete ZOO of kids and parents picking up and I swear I zoned out, nodded a bit and started having one of my freak out moments where I totally say the right thing and smile and nod but my brain is really just spinning out of control and I'm about to lose my shit (sorry Mom, I know you read this, but it's true. I totally lose my shit) only to be rescued by a distraction usually in the form of a 3 year old having some sort of drama or disaster. I then forget I'm freaking out until 10pm at night. Which is why I'm freaking out right now.

I don't know why. 

If we get him bigger headphones or use his Personal Audio Cable he will be fine. Just a little accommodation that I didn't anticipate but we'll figure out.  I just sent an email to his classroom teacher and our D/HOH teacher to discuss this and everything should be fine.

Right?

My friend told me that the 3 week mark of school is usually where all hell breaks loose. Christian has been a bit off this week. He's a bit cranky, a bit emotional and a WHOLE heck of a lot tired. I'm a bit cranky, a bit emotional and SERIOUSLY tired. I'm now wondering what OTHER things did I fail to anticipate? 

I am SO ready for the weekend. I need a break.


No comments: